Wheelchair Hacks 2019
One of the goals of the Redman Power Chair is to take the limitations out of being in a wheelchair! Listed below are some of our top Wheelchair Hacks for cooking, traveling, and more.
In the Kitchen Wheelchair Hacks:
- Zip ties: Helpful in more ways than you might think! Zip ties can be used to extend your reach, especially if you are unable to adapt your kitchen. Use them around refrigerator handles, cabinet knobs, and anywhere else you find helpful.
- Invest in comfortable containers. Have some containers on hand that are a convenient size and easy for you to open and close to make accessing kitchen storage a breeze.
- Non-slip drawer liners. Lining your cabinets and drawers will help to keep items from moving around or sliding to the back and out of reach.
- Purchase a lap desk. Having a mobile work surface helps to keep food prep within reach and can be used as a tray when carrying hot items from one surface to the next.
On the road (or in the air!) Wheelchair Hacks:
- Consider purchasing an ultralight travel ramp for your next roadtrip. Thanks to their carbon fiber, Ultralight ramps can handle up to 600lbs while only weighing eight pounds themselves! Helping to make travel more convenient and eliminate a heavy ramp weighing you down.
- Staying out of town? Get some bed assist straps to help you maneuver in and out of unfamiliar beds with conveniently placed and easy to use handles.
- Make sure your next suitcase has spinner wheels. These are wheels that don’t just roll forward and backward, but in every direction with ease! Helping to make airport navigation a breeze.
- Consider a phone charger that connects to your chair. This way you can keep your phone powered up off your chair’s battery while also keeping it within reach.
- Check out websites like seatguru.com when booking your flight. They’ve conveniently listed seating charts for most plane types so you can select the seat most comfortable for you.
Other everyday hacks:
- Keep plastic bags on hand to help protect your chair’s hardware (like the joystick) in wet or rainy conditions.
- Purchase touch lamps. Not only are they fun, but they take the difficulty out of getting to a hard-to-reach switch.
- Light candles without burning your fingers by using an incense stick for extension.
- Keep a flashlight accessible on your chair to help when navigating dark sidewalks, increase your visibility, and travel more safely.
- Attach paper clips, safety pins, or keyrings to zippers to maintain easy open and closure for your jackets and bags.
Live Your Best Life with Redman Power Chair
At Redman Power chair, we are dedicated to improving your quality of life through innovative mobility. Learn more about what makes our chair different with a look around our website: https://www.redmanpowerchair.com